Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CADIZ

Here's my brief summary of my traveling and first day in Spain!

Sunday: I left my house for Seatac at 4:45 AM with Jake. He dropped me off and gave me a beautiful necklace which made me cry because I was going to miss him and he's a sweetheart. Made it through security, found Dani, and Jesse visited me! I proceeded to board a flight to Houston for four hours and we took off around 7:10 AM. Then, we had a tiny layover and took off to Newark and got in 20 minutes early. Again, a four hour flight. Had a slight layover then had a 7 hour flight to Madrid. Managed to sleep a little, but got progressively sicker. I took two sudafed and some ibuprofen in Madrid while we waited for 5 hours for our one hour flight to Jerez. Needless to say, I passed out before take off and missed landing completely. Dani woke me up.

Got to Jerez and my baggage didn't get lost! YAY! Took a 45 minute ride to Cadiz, met our host moms and went home. I napped until 10 PM Cadiz time and then woke up for 2 hours and then went to sleep after crying my effing eyes out. I was sick and homesick and I wanted to have my mom take care of me and talk to Jake on the phone.

Today, I woke up and it was okay. I had some toast and tea for breakfast and went to class from 9:15 to 1 PM. No big deal because we had a 30 minute break in between. After class, we went and got cells at Movistar and went to the beach after a lunch of lentil soup and fried fish that was super salty because I discovered my host mom smokes in the house. NASTY! Then I went home, checked my email in the plaza and we had a meeting. I got to talk to Jake and Sam on iChat after! It was so awesome to see Jake in a lumberjack shirt like usual. Miss him :) Dinner is at 9:30 PM here so I am going to head home soon!

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment